NEW: Chess Browser 1.4.3 for Mac OS X released on July 23, 2005! Download it now!
Chess Browser is a program for managing a library of chess games.
Much in the way iTunes lets you manage your music files and iPhoto lets
you manage your photos, Chess Browser lets you manage your chess
games stored in the standard PGN format. Some features:
- View and edit chess games in standard PGN format
- Supports starting positions via the FEN standard.
- Quickly search for games by date, player, event, etc.
- Simple, intuitive method for quickly replaying games
- Easy importing of games recorded by Yahoo Chess
- Easy text entry of moves in algebraic form
- Drag/drop entry of moves
- Ability to annotate games
- HTML export with annotations and position diagrams
Chess Browser is available now for Mac OS X. Chess Browser is shareware, only $10. More info...
News and Updates:
Chess Browser 1.4.3 has been released. Fixes a problem with
the background squares when showing white pieces on top.
Chess Browser 1.4.2 has been released. Fixes problems with
long annotations, showing white pieces on top, and closing
a game while auto-playing.
Chess Browser 1.4.1 has been released. Fixes a problem outputting the image directory when exporting to HTML.
Chess Browser 1.4 has been released. It adds drag/drop moving and support for files with starting positions (using the FEN standard).
Chess Browser 1.3.1 has been released. It fixes a problem with 1.3
not being able to open some PGN files.
Chess Browser 1.3 has been released. It adds annotation editing,
as well as inclusion of annotations in HTML export.
This page has been accessed